First and Second Year Experience
Welcome to Alcorn State University!
Welcome to Alcorn State University. You’re about to begin an incredible journey and it’s our goal to help make it memorable. We look forward to meeting you at Fall 2019 New Student Orientation Weekend of Welcome (WOW) which will be held on Friday, August 16-Sunday, August 18. Registration will be held on Friday, August 16 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for new and transfer students. The Opening Session for New Student Orientation will begin at 4:00 p.m. in the James L. Bolden Campus Union Ballroom on Friday, August 16. Classes will begin on Monday, August 19.
Orientation is required for ALL students. At orientation, you will get the opportunity to learn about the campus, meet other new students, talk to faculty and staff, and discover what services are available to you. Orientation is a great time to ask questions, and get a sneak peek of what to expect at ASU before the semester starts. Studies have shown that students who attend orientation have higher college success rates.
On behalf of the faculty, staff and administration at Alcorn State University, we look forward to joining you as you begin this exciting journey toward a successful future.
NOTE: If you did not attend one of the Summer Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) Sessions in June which complements Fall Orientation, please click on the link below to register to have your Fall 2019 Class Schedule completed. Once your form has been successfully submitted, you should receive a thank you for submitting confirmation. Your Academic Advisor will call or email you once he/she completes your class schedule.
Fall 2019 Class Registration
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION:
- Students must be admitted to the university. Office of Admissions and Recruiting Contact Number: 1.800.222.6790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for all questions regarding Admission to the university.
- Visit www.alcorn.edu/FYE as soon as possible to have your Fall 2019 Class Schedule completed (12 hours minimum if you are going to be enrolled full-time).
- Make sure you have completed your 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.gov and the 2018-2019 ASU Financial Aid Application online at www.alcorn.edu (admissions, financial aid, forms). Financial Aid Contact Number: 601.877.6190 or email ASUFinAid@alcorn.edu.
Note: Please accept your Financial Aid Award and pay your fees prior to coming to Fall 2019 New Student Orientation to avoid waiting in lines. Please use the Completing the Registration Process Guide online at www.alcorn.edu/FYE to assist you.
- Make sure you have completed your Housing Application online if you will be living on campus. Housing Contact Number: 601.877.6478 or email@example.com.
- To apply for housing all new students must complete the following:
- Be admitted to the university
- Pay$125.00 Nonrefundable Housing Application Fee at Bursar's Office. Bursar’s Contact Numbers: 601.877.6388 / 601.877.2378 or (http://www.alcorn.edu/bursar
- Activate Email/Canvas Account (https://selfserve.alcorn.edu ).
- Click on the Personal Information tab or link
- Select Activate your Email/Canvas Account
- Read and Accept the Appropriate Use Policy
- Choose a password.
Center for Information Technology Services (CITS) Contact Number: 601.877.6182.
After completion of all of the steps above, use log in credentials to access housing application.
Again if you have a completed class schedule, please use the Completing the Registration Process Guide online at www.alcorn.edu/FYE. It outlines the steps to accepting your financial aid and paying your fees. It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
If you complete registration prior to coming to orientation, please bring your confirmation letter verifying that you have completed registration. You will need proof of completed registration for clearance to check into your assigned residence hall.
Full registration includes selection of classes and payment of fees by validation of financial aid or processing of other forms of payment (cash, check, or credit card).
All students must complete the process in order to be fully registered. After you have completed all of the steps above, the final step is to take your Alcorn State University Gold Card Picture when you arrive on campus. Please bring a Valid Picture ID with you. You will need it to take your ASU Gold Card Picture.
Cost of Orientation
A $100 nonrefundable orientation fee covers all expenses for the program. The orientation payment can be made to the Bursar Office online through Bill + Payment Suite. The fee can also be paid to the Bursar Office. Bursar’s Contact Numbers: 601.877.6388 / 601.877.2378 or (http://www.alcorn.edu/bursar).
Still Have Questions?
Complete Registration Before Check-In
Students are required to complete registration, including payment of fees, BEFORE checking into residence halls.
Residence Halls will open on Friday, August 16 at 8:00 a.m. for all NEW Students (Freshmen and Transfer).
Report to your assigned residence hall when you arrive on campus if your registration is complete. If registration is not complete, please report immediately to the James L. Bolden Campus Union Multi-Purpose Room to sign in for further directions and to pick up a Registration checklist or you can review the checklist online at www.alcorn.edu/FYE.
Review schedule of events for all First Year Students online at www.alcorn.edu/FYE. Coming Soon.