Our mission is to provide academic and residential accommodations and student support services, within the resources of the University, which will ensure students with disabilities the opportunity to competitively pursue a college education, limited only by their abilities, not their disabilities.
Alcorn State University is committed to following the legal requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Signed into law in 1990, the Americans with Disabilities Act is the nation’s first comprehensive civil rights law for people with disabilities.
How to Request Academic & Residential Accommodations
- Self-identify to the Disability Services Office.
- Complete application packet and return to Disability Services.
- Provide current medical documentation supportive of disability.
- Provide copy of class schedule.
- Contact Disability Services to schedule an appointment.
- Update request for services each academic term.
We are located in Rowan Hall next door to the E.E. Simmons Gymnasium, 1000 ASU Drive #779, Alcorn State, MS 39096.
Welcome to Alcorn, the staff of Disability Services looks forward to meeting you!
Questions: Call (601) 877-6460 or Fax (601) 877-2340