The Veterans Assistance (VA) liaison is located in the Office of Student Records. Assistance is given to veterans and dependents of eligible veterans to enable them to derive the maximum benefit from their veteran educational entitlements.
The VA representative and his/her contact assist students with questions and/or concerns related to the available benefits and their eligibility. The representative acts as the liaison between the veteran and the VA Regional Processing Office located in Atlanta, GA.
Once the student has completed all paper work for the initial term of enrollment, she/he must make contact each semester with the Office of the Registrar to ensure the certification process is being completed for the current term. The Office of Student Records will not assume that the student wishes to receive benefits, regardless of the Chapter or level of entitlement.
|Chapter 1606|| Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve
Reserve or National Guard
|Chapter 30||Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty|
|Chapter 35||Dependent Education Assistance (DEA)|
|Chapter 32||Veterans Education Assistance Program (VEAP)|
|Chapter 1607||Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP)|
|Chapter 31||Vocational Rehabilitation|
|Chapter 33||Post 9/11 GI Bill|
More information related to Veterans Affairs and educational assistance, including applications, is available on the official website for VA assistance: www.gibill.va.gov. Students are encouraged to visit this website often to review the most current information.Veterans Information FormPlease email a copy of your DD 214 or NOBE to email@example.com. Or fax the document(s) to (601) 877-6688.
Click HERE to have your enrollment certification submitted to the VA.
Tracee T. Smith
Registrar & Director of Student Records and School Certifying Official
1000 ASU Drive, 420
Lorman, MS 39096
WWACB, Suite 201
- Will I be able to receive advanced payment(s) from the VA?
- Can I have my checks sent directly to the University to pay my fees?
- How will I be paid?
- When should I expect my first check?
- Can I repeat a class?
- Do all my classes have to apply toward my degree?
- Do Grade Point Average requirements (g.p.a.) vary?
- You did not make a passing grade;
- You made a D in the class but your major requires C or higher. In this case, you must provide written verification on letterhead from your college to the Office of Veterans Affairs stating that a C or higher is required for major requirements to be completed.